From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert UUID of bluetooth to GUID?

Hi

I am trying to connect a bluetooth device to labVIEW. I am using a bluetooth create listener function and it asks for UUID and that it has to be in GUID format. I would be grateful if anyone could kindly let me know how this conversion is possible. I was unable to find an answer to this question so far.

Thank you

T

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,379 Views)

Hi Tewerz,

You should be able to assign your own GUID.

uuid Identifies the service. You can assign duplicate UUIDs, but National Instruments does not recommend assigning duplicate UUIDs. If a Bluetooth client requests a UUID that multiple services use on a Bluetooth server, the server uses the first UUID it encounters. The UUID must be in GUID format. An example of a UUID in GUID format is B62C4E8D-62CC-404b-BBBF-BF3E3BBB1374

Here is some information on UUID and GUID:

http://www.famkruithof.net/guid-uuid-info.html

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,356 Views)

I already have a bluetooth module I want to pair with. I use a bluetooth discover and got the address. How do I translate this to UUID in GUID format or these have no relation?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,320 Views)

Tewerz,

You need to assign the GUID yourself. You should be able to choose anything you want as long as it is in the format: B62C4E8D-62CC-404b-BBBF-BF3E3BBB1374

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,308 Views)

Hi DylanC

Do you know if is the same proccess to use a laptop bluetooth device?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,268 Views)

What do you mean by laptop Bluetooth device? If you are connecting to any device over Bluetooth it should be the same process.

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,250 Views)