LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control VIs remote from anywhere with password

Hi to all, first of all thanks a lot for reading this post and being able to help.

I would like to do the next:

1) I have an application in a client computer.

2) I would like give the possibility to my client to view/interact the front panel in a real time in a browser from anywhere.

3) ¿How can I do this with Labview?

Is there any way to ask for a password each time the client wants to connect to the application from the browser?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,096 Views)

Any help?! Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,053 Views)

I'd say remote panels will do the remote part. You can embed a remote panel in a VI. Not an expert though. Not sure how the password would fit in either.

I'd try to detect if there is a remote panel. If the state goes from connection to no connection, show the password entry and somehow block stuff. If a correct password entered, (there must be a connection, ) unblock stuff. Not sure how to do the details, and I don't have a RT available right now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,047 Views)

Hi, thanks a lot for replying.

I have investigated about that.

But I am confused in the next:

- I have a main application in a client's facilities PC. In this VI I can activate web server.

- Then I would like to connect to web server from my office (in a PC called A). Do I need develop an VI to run in a PC A which do a connection to main VI client's facilities PC? And In that VI running in PC A implement passwotd security that you say?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,043 Views)

AFAIK, Remote panels can run in a browser. Or in a VI. In both cases, the PC needs to have the runtime engine installed.

When connecting, the RT target will detect a password entry. If correct, it could unlock things. This would all need to be programmed on the RT VI.

This won't work for multiple connections. I don't know of a good solution that enables a login\password on simultainious connections. (Besides SystemLink of course, but that will be expensive.)

Ideally, the access would be handled on network level... Not an expert on that either.

Someone else would need to chip in...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,040 Views)

AFAIK, Remote panels can run in a browser. Or in a VI. In both cases, the PC needs to have the runtime engine installed.

So I can run in a browser (put the url that main vi generate) from my office? in different intranet?

When connecting, the RT target will detect a password entry. If correct, it could unlock things. This would all need to be programmed on the RT VI.

RT VI = in my main application (which running in client's PC)? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,031 Views)

You may want to look at hosting a NI SystemLink Server from somewhere like Azure or AWS.  Note one SL Server can support 100s of remote systems. Then build a WebVI with NXG as your web interface, which you can then deploy and host from the same SL Server. Finally, you will need to use something like the SystemLink Tag and Message API to communicate between you LV application running on the target and the WebVI. 

With a setup up like this you can login to a web interface from anywhere in the world and interact with multiple targets from any modern web browser. No plugins required. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,028 Views)

You may also

want to check out SystemLink Cloud. It’s an NI hosted version of SystemLink Server that supports Tags, Messages, and WebVI hosting. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,024 Views)

Hi there, 

how about a simple Teamviewer or VNC connection???

Simple, no coding, no LabVIEW, works all over the world...

Regards

Kay

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,021 Views)

@kaba2005 wrote:

how about a simple Teamviewer or VNC connection???

Simple, no coding, no LabVIEW, works all over the world..

I got fooled by the mention of real time in the OP...

A simple remote desktop might also work.

In all solutions, except SystemLink (which is great, but probably a bit expensive for this application), the external PC needs to have access to the network.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,011 Views)