LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change installer to have the opportunity to install the same program as a new product?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I created distributive for my project and installed it. Now I want to install this program with fiew changes in code, but as a new product. But new program replaces old one. How to change installer parameters to create a distributive that gives opportunity to install this program as a new product without updating old program? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,215 Views)

The easiest is to copy the installer settings (right click, copy).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,206 Views)
Hi. I didn't understand, what do you mean. Even if I rename the installer the new installed program with new name replaces the old one with other name. (I have Labview8.5). 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BPS

You need to duplicate Installer:

DuplicateInstaller.png

As result the new GUID will be generated, and you will get new product

Andrey.

Message 4 of 7
(3,170 Views)

Hi! I have successfully created the second istaller that installs program as a new product. Thank you for your help! But I didn't understand what exactly I need to change in installer properties to create it without duplicating (or if I want to create an installer from the copy of original project)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,159 Views)

Each installer (on Windows) is identified by a GUID, this is hidden in the LabVIEW project file, by duplicating a installer you create a copy with a different GUID.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,155 Views)
Thank you! I resolved my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,148 Views)