cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build executable from labview for R-series board

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a PC with Win XP 32 and a PCI-7852R board.  I have labview installed on it and have done all my development on that machine.  Now that I'm done, I'd like to build more of the systems but don't want to have to install labview on every one.  Plus, I'd like to be able to take labview off this machine so that I can start working on the next project on another machine.

So is there a way to build a distributable package of host and FPGA code on one machine and install it on target machines without having labview on them?  Ideally I'd like to be able to build the package on a machine that doesn't have the R series board - instead just have a simulated board.  But that doesn't seem to be an option in NI MAX.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,851 Views)
Solution
Accepted by gharris

Hi gharris,

I've attached a few articles that should answer these questions for you. You can simulate FPGA hardware in your Project Explorer in LabVIEW and you can also distribute your LabVIEW FPGA VI without having LabVIEW on the machine. These documents outline how.

How to Simulate FPGA Hardware Targets Using the Project Explorer in LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F466AD83D24F041D8625714900709583?OpenDocument

How Do I Create an Executable Out of my LabVIEW FPGA VI?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/17EA4DD6AAECD50A862570A7004B6146?OpenDocument

Hope this helps!

Jordan

How to Simulate FPGA Hardware Targets Using the Project Explorer with LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,705 Views)

Hi Jordan,

I should have thought to look in the project to create the simulated device - nice and easy!

thanks,

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,688 Views)

Sir I am Manick... My prob is i am using PCI7830R ... i want to map this with SCB68 and have to create a  VI....my DAQ7830R is detecting in MAX"Device and Interface " but its property list is not showing and also physical channel list for the device is also not showing... how could i solve this prob??? whether any other way to mapped thoes devices or give me the solution to solve this problem...my mail id is gopimsc.n@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,656 Views)

Hi Manick,

Since this thread has been answered already, and the question posted is unrelated, please create a new thread so that we can better assist you.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,648 Views)

Tell me how to create a New blog....?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,639 Views)

Hi Manick,

I mean that it would be best to create a new thread on the forum.  I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.  From there, you can enter a unique title, and have a unique description for your case.  That way, we can support you better, and other users of the forum can search for the same behavior that you're seeing.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,627 Views)