Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid repeated code

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author duwaar

You made things a little more complicated than they need to be. See the attached VI which will plot all of your generated waveforms in the front panel array.

I noticed you were attempting to change the caption for each individual graph in the array. You cannot do that on an element by element basis, changing any property of one array element will be reflected in all of the others, only the values can be different.

Message 11 of 13
(293 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

It doesn't take an array of waveforms. I'm collecting data with the DAQmx Read VI, which puts out an array of waveforms. I can convert this to an array of clusters of scalars, no problem, but I loose the timestamps.

Yes. Charts are limited when compared to graphs…

I generally us WF data type charts. The only thing they lack in annotations.

The WF data type chart has a right-click option to ignore attributes that when selected will ignore the timestamps. When that option is NOT selected the chart will plot the data according to the timestamps.

I have not had to muck about with the X scale range increment etc. for many years now.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(279 Views)

Excellent! That's what I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(265 Views)