LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to average values corresponding to repeated values in a column.

I am able to remove the duplicate the repeated entries, but I want to average the corresponding entries and save the new data file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,696 Views)

I don't understand what you meant here. Are you trying to remove duplicate entries and find the average of it? Isn't it the same? Explain what do you want to write into the file.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,694 Views)
Try to index all deleted values of same entries in an array and find the average of it
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,672 Views)
Logic has to be implemented for different duplicate entries...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,671 Views)
I have 2d array with some repeated entries in 1st column, I want to take the average of the corresponding values in the 2nd column for repeated entries.
E.g: 1 10
2 20
2 22
3 30....
And I want the output to show
1 10
2 21
3 30....
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,666 Views)
Just combine all the duplication values with numbers for corresponding duplications
Then find the average of the same.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,656 Views)

Which datatype is your array?. Integer numbers like I 32 or string array. You can use a Variant Approach to do the task. But some number could be round to the nearest.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,643 Views)

Can you show us what you've tried?

Spoiler
This is an excellent array manipulation exercise!

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,638 Views)

Possible solution. A knight will probably ashame us again Smiley Very Happy

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,632 Views)

I  was trying this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12