From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically draw lines

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW I have to draw lines automatically ( Both vertically and Horizontally) the user will define the no.of vertical and horizontal lines.

Is this possible using LabVIEW 

Smiley Wink Thanks in Advance

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,305 Views)

How and where do you want to draw lines? Just as a display for the user or does it has any measurement? Please explain your scenario.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,301 Views)

The lines does not have any measurements .But all the horizontal lines should of same length. 

The drawn lines will be saved as an image.

lines willl be drawn in groups by leaving some space between each groups ( the size of each group that is no.of lines in each group will be defined by the user)

This will be saved as an image. The lines will be drawn in a blank image.

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,279 Views)

Attached is an example for you to start with. You can export that image thorugh code and also manually.

Since I am facing some problem I have changed the extension from .vi to .png, please change it back and use it.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,268 Views)

I was not able to download the file . can you mail me the VI anikrishnan@ymail.com

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,249 Views)

The lines i Have to cretae is one which like am attaching.

In the image the lines have curves but I dont need that. the no.of lines will be given by the user

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,243 Views)

Use the 2D picture control.  On the palette under Graphics and Sound >> Picture Functions there are several functions for drawing.  There are also many examples under Help >> Example Finder on how to draw on the picture control.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,216 Views)

Use the 2D picture control.  On the palette under Graphics and Sound >> Picture Functions there are several functions for drawing.  There are also many examples under Help >> Example Finder on how to draw on the picture control.

I have tried that But I am able to define the end point only.
In short the lines are starting from the same point. so I can't draw my lines like this 

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author @nk

You move to the desired starting point of the line using "move pen" then draw the line using "draw line".

repeat for each line. (e.g. using a FOR loop and autoindexing over the positions).

Message 9 of 10
(3,167 Views)

Thanks alot christain Smiley Happy 

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,147 Views)