LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add or multiply the waveform with shift register result

Solved!
Go to solution

i am facing the problem in adding or multiplying the waveform with shift register result. where the waveform containing the sample information. i am not able get the result after multiplying the waveform with shift register waveform. Both the wave forms are having waveform data with sample rate information. 

Please help me in this 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,163 Views)

Dear Friends 

I am facing problem in getting the result from LabVIEW simulation to NI USB 6251 or NI PXIe 8115 with NI-6363 DAQ. I have measured the result by connecting Analog Out channel of DAQ to the Digital Oscilloscope. I am Not getting any waveform. 

Please Help Me in this. 

I Have Attached the VI file. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,187 Views)

Unfortunately, the blue dynamic data type wire hides what the real underlying data is.

But your shift register is uninitialized, so if you treat is like a waveform, it is an empty waveform.

What kind of result do you expect when you multiply waveforms together?

What do you think the result is when you add or multiply an empty waveform with something else?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,148 Views)

I am expecting the same result as per the (attached vi_FAP800). But i am not getting the result in NI Hardware NI-USB-6251. So i modified to dynamic mode from pt by pt mode(attached vi FAP_model). Here I am facing the problem in adding waveform from the shift register mode. Please help me in solving to get the result in NI Hardware NI-USB-6251. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,127 Views)

Dear friends 

Do any one have solution for the VI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,095 Views)

Your value of Numeric which is connected to your N terminal of the For Loop is zero.

So that For Loop will run 0 times and yield an empty array at the end, thus no data.

Get rid of that Numeric control connected to the N terminal.

Message 6 of 19
(3,074 Views)

Hi prasad,

have you taken the beginner lessons as suggested in the Training section in the header of the LabVIEW board? You really should…

You have a working VI (FAP800"), use it to start your next VI:

- create a copy of FAP800

- delete the SimulateSignal and the FromDDT function, create a waveform control instead

- delete the ToDDT and DAQAssistent, replace it by a waveform indicator

- link the waveform control/indicator to the VI connector pane

NOW you have a VI usable as subVI!

Now open "FAP-Model" and do:

- replace anything inside the loop except SimulateSignal

- place your new subVI inside the loop

- convert the output of SimulateSignal to a waveform and wire it to your subVI

- use the output of the subVI for whatever you need…

As said before: basic LabVIEW knowledge, taught in Core1 lessons!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 19
(3,043 Views)

No Sir

I tried with that too But not getting any result in NI USB 6251. Its running fast and will be off within a second 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,033 Views)

I have Modified the VI as you said and uploaded the same. 

But Still i am not getting any waveform output from NI USB 6251. I have attached the new VI Please suggest any modifications 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,012 Views)

Hi prasad,

I get the waveform displayed in the graph:

check.png

Why do you still wire that "N" terminal of the FOR loop despite being told not to do so?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 10 of 19
(2,988 Views)