LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate low pass filter of 6115 with daqmx?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am not able to find the property node to activate the low pass filter of the 6115. Could anyone give me a hint?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,091 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaGue_01

Hello MichaGue_01 and welcome to NI Forum,

This might help:

lowpass-filter-node.png

Which SMIO (S Series) Devices have Antialias Filters?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2326CE69C921A90286256F0800638E10?OpenDocument

Message 2 of 5
(4,074 Views)

Hi,

thanks a lot. Can a activate each channel of the 6115 seperately or is the property for all channels?

Best regards,

Michael 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,011 Views)

I have the same question but I want to know how can I activate lowpass filter on an analog signal via NI-Daqmx python API? I have found the following APIs but it seems that still I am missing some more i.e. how to select a channel/port for the sigal? what should be the cutoff freq and ect. Kindly explain with a coding example. 

ai_lowpass_enable

bool – Specifies whether to enable the lowpass filter of the channel.

ai_dig_fltr_lowpass_cutoff_freq
float – Specifies the lowpass cutoff frequency of the digital filter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,305 Views)

I don't know the python text-based API into DAQmx, but am just wrapping up a little project that uses the 6115.

There are only 2 supported values for the cutoff freq, either 50 kHz or 500 kHz.  You'll need to identify a DAQmx task when you call the function to set this, and the setting will apply to all channels in the task.  (Same is true for the "Enable" setting.)

Because the 6115 is a simultaneous sampling device with multiple A/D converters, it's conceivable there's a way to set these differently on a channel by channel basis.  I can't say for sure because I had no need to explore that possibility.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,300 Views)