From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access controls and indicators embedded in a custom control?

Hi all!

I've built a custom control with a cluster in which there are indicators and controls, i have to use it inside a measurement while loop to display measure values and it must be possible for the user to change the measure unit or to subtract to the final value a background by selecting a check on the custom control itself.

I am experimenting problems doing this 'cause when i launch vi that uses custom control it is impossible to press a button embedded in custom control or to check another one .

In attachment there is a picture with the way i use to display values in indicators embedded in custom control, using local variables. Also i attach the ctl file

What is the best way to use indicators embedded in custom controls to display values in different parts-events of the main VI that uses the custom control? Why is not possible to push on buttons during execution?

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,083 Views)

The entire cluster is either a control or an indicator. You cannot have a mixture of controls and indicators in a cluster. In my opinion clusters are not for the user interface but for internal data structures. If you want a nice collection of controls and indicators that you want to reuse you can just create a VI that contains the controls and indicators all nicely arranged, sized and colored and use this as a template.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,074 Views)

Thanks Steve, i am doing the way you have suggested me.

Maybe Xcontrols can do this task? having controls and indicators in the same reusable elements? I don't know these structures but i want to learn how  to use them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,048 Views)