cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate ramp waveform in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friends,

I want to generate an analog voltage waveform with initially 0V output for 5 sec followed by a ramp waveform with 1V/sec to reach 5V in sec. After reaching the 5V the waveform should stay at 5V for another 10sec. How can i Generate this LabVIEW please suggest me. I have attached the figure for detail 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,224 Views)

Hi prasad,

waveform with initially 0V output for 5 sec followed by a ramp waveform with 1V/sec to reach 5V in sec. After reaching the 5V the waveform should stay at 5V for another 10sec.

So there are 3 parts in your waveform:

1. a ramp from 0 to 0 with a duration of 5s
  2. a ramp from 0 to 5 with a duration of 5s
  3. a ramp from 5 to 5 with a duration of 10s

To create this you basically need three functions: RampPattern, BuildArray and BuildWaveform.

See how far you get. In case of problems attach your VI with your questions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(4,195 Views)

Dear Sir,

I have Created this Pattern in Control and simulation loop. But I want to create the same in LabVIEW panel. I have attached the VI. Please help me to create the waveform in LabVIEW.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,188 Views)

Hi prasad,

as I wrote before:

You basically need 3 functions: RampPattern, BuildArray and BuildWaveform.

So how far you get and post your VI for any other questions!

It's your homework - and you get the credit for learning LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 11
(4,185 Views)

Dear Sir,

I created The VI as you told. But Do i Need To add these waveforms or any other Thing that i can do ? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author prasad145

Hi prasad,

why do you create 3 waveforms when you only need one?

All those ramp parameters were different to your previous requirement…

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 11
(4,175 Views)

Dear Sir,

Thank You for the Result, I have a problem in building an array its not showing adding arrays its adding elements. How can i convert that element into array format. Please suggest. I attached the VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,157 Views)

Thank You Sir,

I got the result. I got how to create that element to array type. Thank You for the Support.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,150 Views)

Dear Sir,

Here I have one more problem to generate analog waveform. Because there is no sample information. How can I add sample information to generate the voltage? I have attached the Application VI using the above ramp waveform. Please help me to generate analog voltage. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,120 Views)

Hi prasad,

get rid of that ExpressVI (aka DAQAssistent) and create a proper DAQmx task with useful settings!

Right now the task is created with "1 sample on demand" timing - and you wonder about not being able to output a waveform?

LabVIEW comes with a huge example library. There are a lot of examples about DAQmx function. There are examples showing how to output waveforms. You can even use the timing information from your waveform for your DAQmx task…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 10 of 11
(4,114 Views)