From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Define Limit to Numeric Control

Dear all,

I am controlling a motor which is pressing to load cell. I am controlling the motor position with a numeric controller in the front panel, the question is when i  accidently enter a large value(undesired motor's new motor position), than it could damage the load cell.

In this case : Can we arrange a numeric control in the front panel so that it can accept numbers only between "0" and "10".

Also : Is it also possible to arrange this from block diagram with wiring reference element as maksimum limit to the numeric control ?

Kind Regards,

Best Wishes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,867 Views)

Dont know of any specifc way to to this, could use a slide bar instead, and make to top limit the highest number you wish to go to. Or you could program in a safe gaurd using a case statement. "If the number entered is grater than a value allowed", write the highest value allowed,( you could add a boolean light to indicate that this has happend also) else, write the number entered.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
(4,859 Views)

Right click on your numerical control, go to properties, click the 'Data Entry' tab. Un-tick 'Use Default Limits'.

You can now set Minimum, maximum, Increment etc.

This can be done with a property node too if you want to change the values programatically.

Message 3 of 6
(4,858 Views)

Thanx guys, both ways are helpful. I will try it on weekend.

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,845 Views)

Phil_

Following setting the "Maximum Limit" for the desired value, is it possible to programatically save this "Maximum Limit" as the default "Maximum Limit" for that numerical control? I mean, even closing the VI and opening again the "Maximum Limit" will be the one that was set programatically before.

Thanks.

Dan07.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,793 Views)

As long as you've saved the VI after setting the new limits either manually or programatically, the new limits will be there when you reopen the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,791 Views)