LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control the Valves and Pump with Labview?

I have started a new project where I have to control the valves operation through Labview 2009,using PXI 1031, NI 5105(Digitizer) and NI 6251(M-series DAQ).

The valves I need to control using the labview are:

a) Pressure Reducing Valve (open & close)

b) Remote control Valve(On & Off) with in-built actuator

c) Flow control valve(open, semi open, partially open, semi close, partially close, fully close), 1%, 2%, 3%..etc

d)saftey valve (opening closing depending on increase in pressure from certian limit)

I hav eto control

a) Hydraulic pump operation with in built gear-box

Please let me know, how should l develop the VI for all? How to get started?, any helpful links? If there is any example code?

Its little urgent !

Message 1 of 34
(20,884 Views)

If you are not familiar with LV, I would suggest you go through the tutorials. Then take the leap and figure out how to use Action Engines and State Machines (search any of the terms I used that don't understand, there are a zillion threads on them).

Then...

Sit down and write stand-alone testers for each of the widgets you are going to control monitor etc.

These testers will give you an idea if they really work the way you think, their character, and will serve as a "Sanity Check" when you think you are going crazy  durring development.

THen integrate the tester so they can all work at the same time. This will become a utility screen that will serve you well when maintaining the critter latter in its life.

Only then...

write out a complete set of state diagrams that describe what you plan to do (don't cheat! ) and walk through them in your head until you are cetain it will all work blah blah blah.

This step is optional but highly recomened...

Compose a detailed set of documemtns describing what you have in mind and post them here (include the images, they will get many mor readers) and let people  pick aprat your design.

When you have a final design, use everything you learned along the way to be a kick-ass developer.

Along the way post distinct well defined question on this site and as long as it looks like you are trying someone will probably reply and get you going again.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 34
(20,866 Views)

Thanks Ben!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(20,840 Views)

Well! I havent identified the exact hardware at this movement but I wish to develop the VI code for each valve and hydualic pump. I have developed the concept in a flow chart and designed the test bench.

Please see attached file for the flow-chart and design.

I tried to develop the VI but I do not have DSC module, I just used some decoation items for the VI. Is there anyway to utilize some other symbols???

How can I customize the valves so that they open and close as per the required conditions? or when oil is flowing the valves may open and close accordigly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(20,723 Views)
Remote Control Valve #1 DIDO
Pump Start DO
Pump Stop DO
Pump Running DI
Pump Trip DI
Flow Control Valve AIAO
Pressure Reduce Valve #1 DIDO
Control Valve #1 DIDO
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(20,716 Views)

you can customize any boolean control.  Select a control => through the menu "customize control".

This control will popup in a new front panel (called ctl : control)

Here is a video that shows you how to do it. It's unlimited 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 6 of 34
(20,680 Views)

Here is an example of a hydraulic HMI.  Also attaching some valve controls.  From experience, minimize the extraneous use of color

and 3D graphics.  Use color only to depict such things as alarms or state.   Good Luck!

Message 7 of 34
(20,667 Views)

Here is a stripped down Maintenance HMI with some of the guts removed but the structure is still in place.  Maybe you can use it as a starting point.

Message 8 of 34
(20,656 Views)

Can you send me the VI in LV 2009?

Thx for the VI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(20,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(20,562 Views)