LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control Window's Keyboard Using LabVIEW

Hello NI Community,

I am trying to design a program so that LabVIEW can take over my Windows PC keyboard.

For example, if I press a button or toggle a switch on LabVIEW, I want my actual PC computer's keyboard to press down on a specified key such as the letter 'A'.

However, I have no luck in searching if this is even possible. There are only examples of LabVIEW recognizing my keyboard press but I can't let LabVIEW control my keyboard press. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to start or where to look at. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,410 Views)

Hi jackhsu,

did you search for "create keypress event"?

You will find results like this

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(1,399 Views)

@jackhsu66 wrote:

For example, if I press a button or toggle a switch on LabVIEW, I want my actual PC computer's keyboard to press down on a specified key such as the letter 'A'.

A keyboard is an input device and there is no motor to move keys on demand like on a player piano. You probably have something else in mind, such as simulate a key press.

What should have key focus? Your LabVIEW app or some third party program?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,340 Views)

Hi Jackhsu66,

May be you need to think about a solution to control "virtual keyboard" in windows PC if the 'keyboard button press' event handling doesn't fit for your application

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,324 Views)