From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it possible to access Hyper Terminal with activeX?

Hello Dennis,

Do you know how to access HyperACCESS with Active X using Labwindows/CVI 7.1 ? I did generated HAWIN32 using active X control wizard and I get all the file I need (.fp, .h, .obj, .c) but I don't know which function do I need to use to access HyperACCESS. I don't need HyperACCESS in the panel but I need to send some command (haTypeText) to run flash diagnostic also capture some response from flash (haWaitForPrompt) from CVI. You can run HyperACCESS with Labview, I hope you can help me with CVI. Thanks you

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,263 Views)

Hi danhnpham,

I am curious.  Is it possible to send these commands directly from CVI using the serial port, instead of using HyperAccess?
In other words, do you actually need HA?  Or could you write routines in CVI to communicate to the serial port (send command & receive response)?

JLV

Message 12 of 14
(1,253 Views)

Hi Joe,

I need to use HyperAccess because I need something like VT100  to see all diagnostic data response from flash (receive and transmit from satelite (ORBCom)). I did try example RS232 but can not do like VT100.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,248 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Would you happen to have a small example vi.  I am just getting started on a project that requires me to communicate with an EFI board using VT 100 terminal emulation.  I plan to use active X with hyepraccess to do this.  I have everything downloaded (hyperaccess, manuals, etc.). I am looking at the haInitialize method on my block digram right now.  What goes to the lpctstrName input? After haInitialize, do I open another automation refnum to expose the IHAScript functions?  Any help you can give is much appreciated.  Thanks.

-Don Owen

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(563 Views)