LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you select which button is in front?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am writing a program which will take a user input of which channels to test, and then will test those channels to see if everything is properly connected.  I also want a light to show whether or not the device is a) being tested (blue), b) finished testing and is working correctly (green), c) failed the test (red).

In addition, the user input should be the same place, with clicking the button toggling the light between yellow (going to be tested) and black (not going to be tested).  I did this by putting a transparent boolean over the picture ring of the different colors, and it was working fine. However, because I have 16 inputs and 16 outputs, I cannot connect them all via a sub-VI (not enough connectors), so I thought I would just have to copy/paste the whole thing over to my final project.  This did not work, since the boolean that was previously on top of the picture ring, is now behind it, so that it is impossible to click the button. 

Is there a way to send one button behind the other (similarly to a send to back or send to front in Powerpoint?).

I've attached a sample of what the program will do (minus the actual testing, it is just the changing of the indicator).  Also, I believe I could just bring my project around the working VI, but if possible I would like to avoid that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M. Bobby
Use the 'Reorder' button on the toolbar.
Message 2 of 3
(2,308 Views)
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,302 Views)