LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add 2 physical channels from the same control?

Is there a way to do this? or do I have to add another control?

I currently have one physical channel wired to Daqmx Creat Channel.vi, but I need to add a second. How can I go about doing this?

Also, if this is successsful, how do I differentiate the data on separate plots after the Daqmx read vi?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 42
(3,854 Views)

Use a second DAQmx Create Channel.  There is an input for Task.  Wire the task from the first one into the second.

As far as the DAQmx Read goes, the first channel you add is the first waveform, data point, or row, depending on how you do the read.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 42
(3,846 Views)
And you only need a second create channel if you have a different type.
Message 3 of 42
(3,839 Views)

Thank you both for the reply. Both my channels will be recording a voltage input, so do I still need to add another create channel?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 42
(3,758 Views)
Only if the second channel has different min/max, configuration (i.e. rse/diff) settings.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 42
(3,755 Views)

They both have the same max/mins. One signal is coming from a Load Cell, and the other is coming from a LVDT displacement measurement device.

Since I don't need 2 create channel vis, is there a way to include both channels in the single physical channel control?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 42
(3,752 Views)
Of course. You can click on the channel control and select browse. You can manually enter multiple channels as well. The syntax is Dev1/ai0:1 or Dev1/ai0,Dev1/ai2 for non-consecutive channels.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 42
(3,739 Views)

Thank you, I figured out the multiple channels. Of course though, I now have a new question. I am looking to output two separate plots of the voltages for my load cell and LVDT. Which Daqmx Read setting would be the most appropriate for this situation? I tried reading through the detailed help, but it wasn't clicking.

Also, do I have to use the "split signal" vi to place both columns of data into an array?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 42
(3,732 Views)
Your DAQmx Read has to be set for nchan.

If you are requesting nsamp now, you are getting data in an array. You have not said what you're current setting is. You might get back a 2D dbl array or a 1D waveform array. I would recommend the index array function instead of the split signal function if you need to separate the channels. The split signal function will create the evil dynamic data type.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 42
(3,715 Views)

The split signal function will create the evil dynamic data type.

I have learned this the bad way! I will give your recommendation a shot! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 42
(3,712 Views)