From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I wait on an active-X event while using event structures in LabView 6.1?

I have an application which uses an active-X tool bar as a front pannel control. I'm looking for information on how I can use this tool bar to control my event structure in LV 6.1.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,507 Views)
ActiveX events have not yet been incorporated into the event structure. You would have to wait for activex events the same way you did before; setting up a parallel loop to wait on and handle activeX events.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,506 Views)
Aaron -

I found a way around most of my problem - by creating an active-X event queue in my initialization state, (prior to my event structure), and placing a "wait for active-X event" within my event structure, (the active-X control appears as a control when I add a new event), I am able to key off the "mouse down" event and pick up the varient data for which button was pressed. I still have one problem, when I click on a portion of the control that is "not" a button, the "mouse down" still registers. I filter this out because the varient data is empty so that's not a problem. My problem is that once I click on a non-button portion of the control, my custom menu locks up. (???) Not sure what the deal is but I'm determined to nail this one.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,507 Views)