From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update a column in SQL using a different sized bundle?

Two columns are going to have 50,000, then the next two columns are going to have only about 7, and the last two will also have about 50,000. I'm only concerned about the Serial_Numbers column for now, not the Parts_List column. How do I insert 7 elements coming from a string array(shown in VI circled in red) into the 3rd column?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

almostdone.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,014 Views)

bump

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,985 Views)

For the VI you are using you would need to enter the contents of the WHERE clause for the condition. The VI itself will build the SQL statement so you are just providing it with the details. To be honest I don't use these VIs. All of our SQL actions are accomplished using stored procedures so we simply call the Execute Query VI. Your question is much more about SQL than it is about LabVIEW and without knowing your schema it is difficult to really give you specific advice.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,979 Views)