LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I triangular waveforms?

I need to create a triangular waves in NI USB 7856R. I am using the generates the sine waves but i am not sure what or how to do create a triangular waves

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,269 Views)

Right next to the Sine Waveform VI, there's a Triangle Waveform VI under the Waveform Generation palette. 

Message 2 of 8
(1,234 Views)

You can refer to FPGA Sawtooth Wave Generator IP

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,201 Views)

thanks your reply ,but i dont find triangle wave generator VI . i use labview fpga and my board is NI USB 7856R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,176 Views)

sfsdf_0-1681981530832.png

this is my fpga waveform Generation palette.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,154 Views)

Hi, I guess you do not have a triangular waveform generator on FPGA palette.  Therefore, there are at least two methods to generate triangular waveform.  

1. load a arbitrary waveform on block memory or DRAM on R-series before generation started, then repeatedly generate the preloaded waveform data.  
  2. Implement a logic to generate triangular waveform on FPGA.  

If you would like to go with the option 1 above, the best example would be the one available with FlexRIO driver.  

After installing FlexRIO driver (such as version 21.5), go to Example Finder >> Hadrdware Input and Output >> FlexRIO  >> Integrated IO >> Getting Started >> Getting Started FlexRIO Integrated IO.vi.

After open the VI, select and press OK as shown below.  

UMASO_0-1682071908659.png

Then, learn what is implemented on FPGA as well as on host PC.  

UMASO_1-1682071948760.png

It takes some time to learn, but once you learn the example, you would get familiar with various concepts and components of LabVIEW FPGA.  SubVIs included in this example are very reusable for R-series.  

By the way, is this triangular waveform used for modulation or something?

Message 6 of 8
(1,128 Views)

thanks,i will try to learn how to use this.

yes i want to modulation a light.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,115 Views)

Learning curve of LabVIEW FPGA is less steep than the other FPGA languages, though LabVIEW FPGA cannot directly exploits various sorts of primitives available on FPGA.  I strongly recommend you to take LV FPGA training course and continue to the additional resources below.  

The NI LabVIEW High-Performance FPGA Developer's Guide

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/13/the-ni-labview-high-performance-fpga-...

Testing and Debugging LabVIEW FPGA Code
https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/21/testing-and-debugging-labview-fpga-co...

Happy development on LV FPGA!

Message 8 of 8
(1,093 Views)