From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up LabVIEW V6.1 to output analogue signals using a LabJack U12 interface card?

Hi there,

I have a LabJack U12 interface card that has two analogue outputs, AO0 and AO1. What I would like to be able to do is set up LabVIEW V6.1 to eventually control the dimming of some external lights, from say a simple control on LabVIEW's front panel.

I will have some external circuitry connected to the interface card to perform the dimming of the lights, so all I will require is a variable voltage on the output of the card. I think the specification of the card is 0 to +5 volts for the two analogue outputs. I have tried looking on the website for LabJack (www.labjack.com) for any ideas, but with no success! Please find my LabVIEW file as an attachment.

I would be very grateful for any help on this matter,

Neil Sampson.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,500 Views)
On the labjack downloads page:
http://www.labjack.com/downloads.html

Pick "Labview5 VIs" download. In the zip file is ljacku50.llb, which contains EAnalogout.vi for outputting an analog signal.
Message 2 of 3
(2,500 Views)
Hi there,

Thanks for the link...I have managed to implement the vi into my application and everything seems to work!

Cheers,

Neil Sampson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,500 Views)