From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset a USB drive in a VI?

What are you talking about a password or new file?  What is wrong with the snippet provided?  Just drag it to your block diagram.

EDIT:  Oh you weren't replying to me were you.  These forums are flat and so we don't know who you are talking to unless you quote them.  The post with the password was from 9 years ago.  This person has likely moved on and might be in a different carreer path.  The post I made is essentially what their code was doing.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,328 Views)

Hi Mr_u4913,

Are you trying to open the System Exec.vi? This is a locked VI. It can't be accessed.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,310 Views)

It is locked, which needs access to get in.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(1,300 Views)

@Hooovahh,   is that possible sending me the VI you use to delete the wireless com ports 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,299 Views)

@Mr_u4913 wrote:

@Hooovahh,   is that possible sending me the VI you use to delete the wireless com ports 

I never talked about any wireless com ports, and I certainly never talked about anything that deletes them.  What I did do is already link to the post I made where the full source code without passwords was posted, on how to disable and reenable wireless network cards.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/disable-wireless-card/m-p/3297564#M964373

If you want to talk about resetting USB drives, ask here.  If you want to talk about disabling wireless cards, reply in the other thread.  If you want to talk about something not related to either of those topics, post a new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,279 Views)

Yea, I was struggling with how to delete or reset USB com ports..... I

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,273 Views)

So then you agree this has little to do with USB drives, or wireless network cards.  The code posted will likely disable that hardware too but I didn't test it on that hardware type.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,266 Views)

Thank you for time and effort. I will try to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(1,264 Views)