LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I programmatically open block diagram?

Hi, All
How do I programmatically open block diagram of subVI and add frame to event structure
Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,992 Views)
With conventional LV programming you can't. There's an unsupported feature called "scripting" that might be able to do it, but it is as I said, unsupported by NI. In other word, if it doesn't work or you corrupt your code using it, NI doesn't want to hear about it...

Having said all that, why do you think you need to add an event case on the fly?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,990 Views)
Could you be a bit more specific on what you are trying to do?

Do you want to programmatically edit an existing VI that is currently not running? As mike said, scripting could work but it is unsupported (see the Lava scripting forum for details: http://forums.lavag.org/LabVIEW-VI-Scripting-f29.html). Somehow, adding an event case does not give you much, you would also need to add the code contents and hook everything up to the existing controls, indicators, and other nodes.

If you just need an event that is not always active during run, maybe you can use user events. Check the online help. (Also have a look at e.g. section 4 in the following application note:
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,982 Views)

Thanks.

Currently, I don't know if I need it. But, I see it works and ..I like learn all of LV options

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,980 Views)