LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

able to do calibration in labview ?

i currently doin a temperature control system using labview whereby my thermocouple is connected a thermocouple amplifier, because i connect using breadbord so the value i obtain is quite far from the data sheet given, so i need to do the calibration in order to show the temperature at my control panel accuratey, may i know got the graph function in LabView 8.0 can help to calibrate it without doin the calibration manually . The manually is for example cook the water then take the note down every 10 degree of the temperature that rising and then plot the graph and linearise it. Another question is my temperature function icon shown floating when i inputing the signal voltage to my usb 6008, got anyway to make it constant?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,793 Views)
Message 2 of 5
(2,774 Views)
I think this can be done easily with in Labview it self by using scales. and then using that scale for the input voltage you want to measure. Se attached JPG of Measurement and Automation explorer where I have set scale to measure input from eddy current probes and also changed the scaled units to mm.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,760 Views)
may i know how u know the slop when u doin the edy current? any manual calibration need to do then after that calculate n make the equation on the LabView?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,741 Views)
Yes my friend I got the slope and offset from the product manual for eddy current probe (for steel as the sensed material). You can also find the slope and offset manually (i.e take a number of readings for your measurement range (like I will take my range from 2 mm to 4mm for probe having sensing range of 0 to 6 mm)  increasing it in least possible incremental steps (0.1 mm for example) from lowest to highest and note the corresponding output voltage of the probe then make a graph of Voltage Vs. Distance and measure it's slope and offset) and use it accordingly in Labview.

Hope this method is OK for normal use.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,731 Views)