LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I plot average sensor values against a constant array (length positions)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have 7 microphones from which I'm taking the RMS value.  They are physically in a line and I'd like to plot their values vs. their positions.  How do I do think.  I'm assuming I'll need to use the XY plot, but I'm not sure how to turn 7 signals into a single array and how to create an array of constants for the positions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,725 Views)

I don't know if I could catch your point, but I tried to buid a vi to plot 7 mic inputs as each mic was related to an specific X position. In the next while cycle, new mic values will be plotted offseted by the lenght of the arangement.

Well, I hope this helps you.

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,716 Views)

Could you post that again as an earlier version?  I only have Labview 8.2 and it's not letting me open the newer version file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,709 Views)

Huh, interesting, I'll see if I can integrate them.  I've never used those two elements right before the XY graph.  I found the first to be a "bundle" object, what's the second?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,697 Views)

You are right. The first one is a "bundle". The second is a "build array", found in the array palette.

So, the idea of the vi is the folowing:

Seven (or any other number) mic signals are read every while cycle. There are also sever position indexers, which value depends on yous assembly.

XY graph's input is a 1D array of a cluster composed of X and Y values. So, each mic signal is combined with its equivalent X position index. Finaly, all seven clusters of mic+position are jinted together in an array that is used as the imput os XY graph.

As I said before, I'm not sure if this is what you need. If it isn't, feed me back and I'll try to help you again.

Leo

Message 6 of 9
(2,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jasonjps

I think I've got it,  there's a lot of conversions though.  Do you see any way I could simplify this, or is this as simple as I'm going to get?  I've included my file with the post.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,680 Views)

It seem that your vi is well simplifyed. You could group the matrix operation in a for loop, but I really dont't think it is necessary, specialy because doing that you will force your system to run a serialized structure and LV can lead to a great performance on parallel task. To get a clean layout you could think on putting that large cluster and matrix operations on a sub vi. That would give you a realy clean and straight layout.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,667 Views)

Oops, I meant to accept leonardalt's answer as the solution, not my own post.   I scanned for .vi links thinking his was the last one on the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,645 Views)