LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a Type Def an Enumerated type?

Bare with me as this is my very first time using a Type Def

I tried following the tutorial at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5318

The first one worked alright that was the Master Mode, but that was starting with a previously created control.

My first attempt at creating a new control did not go so well, see my Sys1 control.

How do I make the control an enumerated type so it names the cases for me when creating a new control? 

Message Edited by RTSLVU on 04-21-2009 09:55 AM
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,838 Views)
When you create the custom control, use an enum.  In your control, you used a ring.  Same palette, same row...
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,833 Views)

You have use a ring, not an enum.

You need a enum to auto fill cases.

Actually you almost always should use a enum, not a ring.

Just replace the control

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,830 Views)

MattBradley wrote:
When you create the custom control, use an enum.  In your control, you used a ring.  Same palette, same row...

Am I missing something here?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,826 Views)

In a word, Yes.

Click on the double-down arrow to reveal the entire menu, then click on modern.  Third one down on left side.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 5 of 9
(2,824 Views)

MattBradley wrote:

In a word, Yes.

Click on the double-down arrow to reveal the entire menu, then click on modern.  Third one down on left side.

Thank you! 

Why do they insist on hiding things from us?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,805 Views)

Well, if they didn't hide things, you wouldn't need people like us!

Truthfully, it does make things easier once you learn your way around.  The hard part is learning your way around.

-Matt Bradley

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,790 Views)

Don't forget you can customize your palettes. Just pin the palette and choose view>>options. Use the information in there to customize the way they appear. (e.g. Tools>>Advanced>>Edit Palette Set). I personally don't use the express stuff.

hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 8 of 9
(2,786 Views)

No one mentioned in this thread yet so I add...

That if you do a right-click replace then naviagte to a enum, the new enum will retain all of values and you don't have to re-enter them.

An extention of this idea is useful when creating an enum with a 100 values or more. Write code to populate a ring control with the required strings then after, dod the replac with thing.

Sure has saved me a lot of work.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,778 Views)