LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a name from a list of names by pressing "delete" button?

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried different methods, arrays but couldn't figure out to delete a name from a list by pressing the button.I have a picture of the VI I am delopping From left to right (1st page of event structure and 2nd page of event structure where I will have the delete option and I also attached the VI itself.  

Can you please help me? So basically I want to be able to delete a name from the list of names on the front panel.

first page of event structure.PNG2nd page of event structure.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,549 Views)

Hi Gracia,

delete the choosen item from the ItemNames:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,539 Views)

In the Delete Value change you'll need to use Delete from array with the Column configuration number. The resulting array should go to the property node strings[] of Column configuration.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,532 Views)

I placed your VI on "Delete": Value Change event case and it didn't work as you can see below. I also attached a VI

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,500 Views)

That did not work for me. See attached VI.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,496 Views)

Hi Gracia,

@GRC5000 wrote:

That did not work for me. See attached VI.

Surely it does not work when you try to connect a string with a boolean indicator by wire… (What's the point in trying this?)

You also didn't read from the "ItemNames" property.

There is no loop in your code: how will you recognize any changes when you start the VI over and over again?

Basic rule: an event structure usually belongs into a while loop!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,490 Views)

I'm a beginner in labview. I am trying to learn, but the boolean is just a the delete button that will delete the name from the list. Of course the name is a string so that's why I connected the string with a boolean. I hope it makes sense.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,473 Views)

@GRC5000 wrote:

I'm a beginner in labview. I am trying to learn, but the boolean is just a the delete button that will delete the name from the list. Of course the name is a string so that's why I connected the string with a boolean. I hope it makes sense.

No it makes absolutely no sense.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,464 Views)

See attached VI and picture below. Everytime I am trying to connect the delete button. I get a broken wire. Does someone have a VI with a remove or delete button to remove a name from a list?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,444 Views)

Hi Gracia,

why do you think starting a new thread for the very same topic would be a good idea?

Keep related things in one place!

You already got answers and even (possible) solutions. When you have problems to understand them you should take the beginner lessons as also was recommended before.

On your latest image:

Why do you want to delete an element from an array consisting of exactly one (1) string?

You still cannot connect a string to a boolean indicator…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,436 Views)