LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically Adding Plots to XY Graph

Hello!  I hope you can help me....

I am trying to dynamically add plots to an XY Graph in LabVIEW.  For example, pretend I have three plots and want to add a fourth while the program is running.  I know that I could add extra plots and just write blank data until I need them, but in reality I could have over 500 plots (I know, it will look like a mess.  But that's what they want...).  Anyone have any ideas?  Just to be clear, I will not know beforehand how many plots I will need...  and it may change with each run. 

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,889 Views)

The XY Graph takes an array of plots as input, and can thus easily vary the number of plots at run time, so I don't understand your question.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,858 Views)

Followup to Dr.P's comment, I trust you aren't confusing Graph (where you basically write the entire plot each time you update) with Chart (where you write the latest values), correct?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,803 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Followup to Dr.P's comment, I trust you aren't confusing Graph (where you basically write the entire plot each time you update) with Chart (where you write the latest values), correct?

It's still easy with a chart.  There will just be weird things when you change the number of plots (chart could be cleared, you see disconnects, etc).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,796 Views)

how many data points are in one plot? does this vary, too?

what kind of datapoints e.g. double or integer?

I guess, I would use a (named) queue and "get queue status" for displaying

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,776 Views)