LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create this group of graphs?

Hi all. I am trying to create this block diagram for use in my project. However, I am new to labview and I do not know how many of the icons used here.

Can someone please help me with this? I would very much appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,573 Views)

The best way to know what the icons are is to have the Context Help window open (Help -> Show Context Help). This will display a small window that will update as you move the cursor over VIs and functions, telling you what they are. If they are LabVIEW VIs/functions there will also be a link to the detailed help.

The VIs on the outside of the loop are two Sine Pattern VIs and the other is an Outer Product VI (linear algebra). The stuff inside is a couple of property nodes to get the position of the cursors. The mathematical functions should be obvious. Then you have a couple of Ramp Pattern VIs. Not sure what's inside the for loop. That might be a custom VI. See what the Context Help tells you.

If you have not already done so, I would recommend taking some tutorials. To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the introduction material, tutorial(s), and other material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. There are also several Technical Resources. You can also take the online courses for free.

Message 2 of 13
(2,565 Views)

Thank you for replying. I only have an image of this setup so I am not sure what some of the icons are but thank you again for telling me some of them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,561 Views)

Where did you find the image?

My spider sense says Christian.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 13
(2,557 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,554 Views)

My spider senes are intact.

That was an image attached to a post by Christian before he stated adding the URL to his examples.

Search his posts, it is there somewhere.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,548 Views)

is his username Christian? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,542 Views)

User name = Altenbach

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,539 Views)

Thank you for you help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,537 Views)

The correct thread is here and a more advanced example is posted a few clicks down in the same thread.

(Always go to the original source, not some random digest aggregator cluttered with tons of ads and profiting from my creative work. :()

Message 10 of 13
(2,531 Views)