LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control flow through MKS Mass Flow Controller using Labview

How do I control flow through MKS Mass Flow Controller using Labview?
Im new to LabVIEW please let me know bout it in detail. Thanks for all the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,678 Views)
What sort of remote control interface does the device have? RS232? GPIB? Something else? Also what is the model number of the instrument?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,675 Views)
It is a MKS mass flow controller. To be specific it is MKS type 1179A .Is that the answer you were looking for ?? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,674 Views)
Yes, according to the datasheet on the 1179A, the remote interface is DeviceNet. NI makes three device net interfaces that all support LV. I would start there...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,662 Views)
Hi,
Its a RS-485 and a 9-pin Type"D". Can you tell me about the connections.And to link it with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,643 Views)
mikeporter has given you a place to start.

This message board is to help people out - not do their work for them. If you want that, ask your boss to hire a consultant.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,630 Views)
Hi Nikesh,

Since you have the  Serial RS-485 connection you will need to get some type of RS-485 board. The built in serial terminals that are in some computers use the RS-232 protocol. Here is a link to more information about NI Serial devices.  From here just look at the RS-485 devices we have USB, PCI and PXI solutions. Also here's a KnowledgeBase that will give you a Serial Communication Starting Point. This should get you started there are also allot of other KnowledgeBases to find more information you can also go to ni.com and  do a search for Serial and RS-485.

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,599 Views)
Thanks a ton krista ill get started with my worl 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,593 Views)