LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect PCSU1000 scope to LabView?

Hello

I have tried the last three days to build a connection between labview and the PCSU1000 oscilloscope by velleman and it wont work.

I Know, that i have to use the DSOLink.dll, which contains the functions DATAREADY/ READ CH1/ READ CH2.

But the only connections the clf node has are Buffer In and Buffer out.

I read i have to readout the pointer adress and write the pointer into an array, which i tried using the the MoveBlock function from the LabView libary, however everything that comes out is zero.

I guess my biggest problem is, i have no idea what a pointer is and how it works. I hope someone can help me.  I'm desperated.

Here is my probably completely wrong effort to manage it by myself.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,071 Views)

Hi

1. Can you see your scope in the MAX (measurement and automatisation explorer) when it is connected to your pc?

2. Please attach the DSOlink.dll and all other .dll's or files you are using in your project that I can try to find a mistake in your VI.

or try the Express VI called "Instrument I/O Assistant"

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,055 Views)

Its about an usb scope. an so far i worked using the demo mode, as i work at home and have no real data.

unfortunately i have no max, because i'm using a student edition where it is not included. may that be the problem? Thats also why the express vi wont work.

besides do i have to copy the dll in some other folder than the one where it is installed. So far i copied it to the lab view user.lib.

i imported the dsolink.dll to labview.

i attached the dsolink.lvlib

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,047 Views)

Hi

Every version has the MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) included.

MAX gets installed when you install device drivers. If you want to create a simulated device, you need the DAQmx drivers. You can download them at:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2260/lang/de

It is the latest DAQmx driver which supports all the NI Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning devices.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,040 Views)

I installed the MAX,but I think I can't see my scope. Hence it is just virtual and I am using demo mode it should be under software, shouldn't it?

When Iuse the express VI a window pops up saying the MAX is not correctly installed,but I am able to open it. What is wrong with tha

I am starting to believe that after all my DLL is the wrong one.

Apart from that i thought, max is just for physical connections, but wont help me in the demo mode.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,032 Views)

I found out that I need another dll. I attached descriptions for both files. I do also have header files now.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,030 Views)

You want to “build a connection between labview and the PCSU1000 oscilloscope” so why is it just virtual?
How do you transfer the data from your scope to your PC?

Also if you simulate your Hardware you should find it under “Devices and Interfaces”.
I don’t know what went wrong during your installation, but there shouldn’t be a pop-up saying something is wrong. Maybe you should try to delete it and install it again.

Does your connection work with the DSOlink.dll so that you can receive data and copy them into a Excel-sheet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,021 Views)

Your first VI where you are using the LabVIEW dll is just completely wrong. You need to be interfacing to PCSU1000D.dll. Use Tools>Import>Shared Library.

All of the discussion about MAX, etc. is just silly. The device will not and should not appear in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,018 Views)

The import of data into an Exel sheet worked quite well. So the dll must be right for it.

I thought just that it is virtual, because of the demo mode. I don't have a clue about such things. It was just a guess. But it also is not under Devices and Interfaces.

It is not a real scope. The PCSU1000 is a digital storage oscilloscope using the power of the PC to visualize electrical signals. I have ECGs which I can transfer via USB into it.So I don't need to connect it with the PC. I need a connection between the software of the scope an lab View.

Using Tools>Import>Shared Library was my first trial to build the connection. Communicating with the scope with the PCSU1000D.dll worked very well. But it just sends information to the scope and not vice versa. I could set the aplification and ground an such things but I cant receive the running data.

when I tried using Tools>Import>Shared Library at DSO.dll I got three VIs. But the ReadCh1 VI has just as input and output BUFFER and BUFFER OUT. And I dont know what to do with that.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,003 Views)

Hey

I just want to tell you that I solved the problem. I had to configurate my clf node that a I32 array comes out.

Thanks a lot to those who helped me. I attached my current VI if someone is interested in it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,984 Views)