From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I conditionally activate a timed pulse?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to repeatedly cycle a system for testing.  To accomplish this I need to take input from six switches.  When they all activate, I need to generate a digital high of about 1 second in duration to reactivate the cycle.  I need to do this 1000 times.

I already have a loop that displays a True when the six input switches are closed.  The trouble comes from getting that signal to generate a 1 second pulse on my DAQ, and increment a counter of some sort.  

Once again, a task you could train a chimp to do in five minutes is taking me hours to figure out in LabView.

Running LabView 8.6 with a NI cDAQ 9172.  Digital input module is NI 9423, digital output is an NI 9472.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnatUSC

Since you already have a Boolean output, the simple solution sounds like just wiring it up to a case statement with the DAQmx Writes inside. Since the module is software timed, you write a logic one, wait, and then write a logic 0.

If the simple solution below is not what you need, please provide more details. Attaching your code would help.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-12-2009 12:52 PM
Message 2 of 3
(2,812 Views)

That works pretty well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,776 Views)