From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I build an application

I am using LabVIEW 6.0 and I think I may have been successful in building an application. It is now stored in the Temp folder on my hard drive. Under that is a folder named, APP, and beneath that is one called, DATA and then INSTALLER and under that DISKS. Which folders of all of these must be burned onto the CD that will have my stand-alone executable program?
Does NI have a manual for Application Builder? The only thing I have are the release notes that came with the software and that doesn't say how to use the software or which files must be copied onto the disks or CD for transfer to the other computer.
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,464 Views)
Under the subdir DISKS are the installation files for your application. The installer is SETUP.EXE. If you asked for diskettes size files you should also find DATA.nnn numbered files. Put all these file on a CD-ROM. For Diskettes, put SETUP.EXE and DATA.001 on the first diskette and each other on its own diskette. Under APP directory, you will find the application files and directory as they will be installed by the Installer (except for INSTALLER subdir). You can check there if all the files have been included.

To install your application, start SETUP.EXE from the CD-ROM. The installation process will prompt the user for an installation directory. The default directory provided for installation is the one you set in the installer settings.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,464 Views)
In the App folder (sub-directory) it has a DATA folder, INSTALLER folder as well as my test.exe program. I copied everything from the App folder onto the CD and it works. I may have more than necessary but better that than not having something that is needed. I don't fully understand (actually don't understasnd it at all) what is needed or why but I do this with many LabVIEW things. Someone points me in the right direction and then through trial and error I seem to manage. Thanks for your assistance.
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,464 Views)
In getting up to speed on how to develop LV applications, a good place to starrt might be an online tutorial. A couple days ago a university in Australia posted a link to one they were developing. It might be worth checking out...

http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,464 Views)