LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I browse & play .mp3 files from a USB flash drive using Labview 8.0?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a tester & want to test USB flash drives connected to PC.

I want to browse the file system & playback the audio files, .jpeg files etc in the USB drive. I've Labview 8.0. When I searched for some examples or VIs which can detect the USB flash drive, couldn't find any. So if you could point me in the right direction, I can find a solution to my problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jothi_rn

You probably won't find specific examples for this.  A USB flash drive is mounted by the OS and appears as a new memory storage device to all software on the PC, including LabVIEW.  You can certainly write a LabVIEW program to open files on the stick and play/run them but I would create a VI that wrote files to the stick and then read them back and checked them for bit-level errors.  Keep in mind that your OS might be doing parity checking under the hood which would make your test rather meaningless.

BTW, testing memory by looking at pics or listening to MP3s would be useless of course.  A human can't see or hear bit-level errors in a high bandwidth data stream. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,043 Views)

Thanks for the info.

To be more clear, I'm not doing memory testing of USB flash drive just browsing & listening to the files in the drive. If it is possible to achieve, then thats my solution. I'll try it first & then reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,027 Views)

can you please send an example vi  for writing new files to a pendrive and read them? I am using labview 8.5. till now i was able to detect pendrive as a visa driver. But I want to communicate with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,854 Views)