LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How comunicate PC aplication whis Android ?

Hi!

This may be stupid question, but LabView was just my hobby until i have to create one project on my new job.

Task is next: in pharma laboratory people must have there tasks for a day on smartphones (android or ios), also it will be server that know that tasks. Worker have open application on smartphone, set his name and password - then he will get his tasks, after complete he have to enter results (and server have to get them - then it will compile all different results and create a final document). When worker get his task, application have to show him detailed instruction and have "checklist". Best way to communicate is Wi-Fi (internet is also possible but seem less protected). So - is it possible to create this project on LabView? I cant find how to create custom interface for mobile devices using LabWiev.

Alternative (but too strange) solution that i see:

1) Server part is on standard LabView

2) Also on server small unreal engine 4 (UE4) server part installed.

3) On smartphones client part of UE4 program (technically - game) installed.

LabView generate csv-file with tasks. Workers connects to UE4 server. UE4 server reed csv-file and send coding message to workers client part. UE4 application decode massage and form list of tasks. When worker get result he write it into application. Application send results to server part. UE4 server write it to csv-file. LabView checking that csv-file, and when all results available it will generate excel document.

P.S. Sorry for my English. Also i can coding a little bit only on LabView and UE4, so please do not recommend other languages (i understand that i am using wrong instruments for this target), i am PhD in chemistry not a programmer. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,066 Views)

Hi Valentin,

i am PhD in chemistry not a programmer

Good advice: why doesn't your company hire a programmer? In a pharma lab such a software should work flawless!

To create tools for iOS and Android you get appropriate IDEs from Apple and Google. On your server you need a database and a webserver. I don't see a task you should create in LabVIEW - but you could if you want to invest your (and your company's) time...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,037 Views)

I have already create application that control usage of chemical reagents using web-camera and QR-codes. So if this project will be also on LabView it will be possible to integrate to one global.

I find that NI LabVIEW NXG Web Module have some web-ability but i can't understand is it possible to work in my tusk. Can multiple users operate with one database in same time? Can this module show different web-pages (if i understand all correct) for each user? Or it is simple different type of demonstration? I prefer video guides about programming, but can't find good one about this module.

Why not programmer... we have system administrator, but he is not a programmer. Also task is more complicate on chemistry part then on programming (this part looks quite simple: just "pages" with text and input fields for results).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,031 Views)