From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you simple install the LabVIEW Toolboxes with LabVIEW 7.1

Hello, yesterday was a nice day, I have receved the NI Developer Suite Professional Control Edition with the new LabVIEW 7.1, RT 7.1, DSC 7.1 etc.
I still use Labview 7.0 (Developer Suite Professional Control Edition)
Unfortunately I can't install the Toolboxes from the toolbox cd into the right directory!
Always when I try to install a toolbox, it will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory. It is not possible to change the directory (exeption: SPC-Toolbox) Even if you change the name of your LabVIEW 7.0 Directory, the toolbox produce a new folder LabVIEW 7.0 and is getting instaled into this directory!!
So please dear LabVIEW Developper think a bit more, when you release new software the nex
t time...
I know, there are always work around's but nobody does realy like them...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,883 Views)
1-Have you installed LabVIEW 7.1 on this machine?
2-What other toolkits you have in the toolbox? Please name that are giving you problems.

A Rafiq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,882 Views)
The add-ons will try to istall for every version of LV it finds if you do a default install.

Do a custom to select which versions of LV you want to install the add-ons for.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,882 Views)
LabVIEW addons do NOT install for every version of LV they find. They only should install to the latest version of LV detected on the system.

AR
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,882 Views)
I may be wrong!

I just upgraded to LV 7.1 the day before yesterday and I know that I was looking at a customize install screen that was installing something for more than one version.

I wonder what I was looking at.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,882 Views)
Please forgive!

I think I will go into retirement to go find my brain.

Ben
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,882 Views)
0. I have still installed LabVIEW 7.0 dev. suite professional control edition with all toolboxes about (Database Connectivity, Internet, SPC, Express VI Development, PID Control, Report Generation, Signal Processing, State Diagram, VI Analyzer).
1. Now I have tried to do the same with LabVIEW 7.1 without a deinstallation of LabVIEW 7.0.
2. Only the SPC Toolkit will be installed into the LabVIEW 7.1 directory! All other toolboxes are getting installes again into the LabVIEW 7.0 directory, even if you rename the current LabVIEW 7.0 directory. (In this case, the toolkit maks a new 7.0 directory....)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,882 Views)
The next I will try is to rename the old LabVIEW 7.0 directory, installing all the toolboxes (they are going to make a new LabVIEW 7.0 directory) and then copy all files into the LabVIEW 7.1 directory.....
I will tell it to the whole world if it works!!!
Message 8 of 12
(4,882 Views)
HELLO EVERYBOY It seams to work!
1. Just rename the current LabVIEW 7.0 directory in XXLabVIEW 7.0 (or whatever)
2. Install all the toolboxes (some of them are going to make a new LabVIEW 7.0 directory)
3. Copy all files form the new LabVIEW 7.0 directory into the LabVIEW 7.1 directory.
(4. Make a Mass Compile of your LabVIEW 7.1 directory.)
5. Delete the new LabVIEW 7.0 directory.
6. Rename the XXLabVIEW 7.0 directory back to LabVIEW 7.0

Have a lot of fun with LabVIEW!

(I hope you like those work-araounds...)
Message 9 of 12
(4,882 Views)
Something is wrong about the registry keys of LabVIEW on your machine. Specifically the path string under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\7.1" should point to the LabVIEW 7.1 directory on your machine.

On VIAnalyzer and Report Gen Toolkit, when you install them, pick LabVIEW 7.1 directory on "Destination Folder" dialog. See attached screenshot. That should install it in proper location.

A Rafiq
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,882 Views)