LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can while loops plot graphical data at the same time?

I currently have three While Loops in my VI, one of them is controlling an Arduino for RPM control which it seems to be working fine. The other 2 Loops are calculating mean Pressure and Torque coefficient. Im having an issue in my front VI: The data is being graphically displayed but when I run the VI it only displays data for Pressure but not Torque. The Arduino and Pressure Loop are working but there seems to be a lag time or something that its not letting the Pressure and Torque loop to run at the same time in real time. The Torque graphs displays the x-axis but there is no amplitude. It seems that is waiting for the pressure loop interactions to happen before starting Torque calculations. How can I have both loops run and be able to display both graphs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,184 Views)

Hi Spartan,

you probably con combine those two DAQ assistents into one that will output values for both channels. (Didn't bother to open those ExpressVIs because I don't have any hardware available...)

When you're at it:

- you could use the clean up tool...

- you could greatly reduce those math calculations: simply combine all those constant operations into just one operation (no need to multiply with constant1, followed by multiplication with constant2, followed by constant3 and so on.)

- after combining those two DAQ assistents you can also combine the content of those two loops into one, reducing the need for local variables...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,178 Views)