From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can while loops plot graphical data at the same time?

I currently have three While Loops in my VI, one of them is controlling an Arduino for RPM control which it seems to be working fine. The other 2 Loops are calculating mean Pressure and Torque coefficient. Im having an issue in my front VI: The data is being graphically displayed but when I run the VI it only displays data for Pressure but not Torque. The Arduino and Pressure Loop are working but there seems to be a lag time or something that its not letting the Pressure and Torque loop to run at the same time in real time. The Torque graphs displays the x-axis but there is no amplitude. It seems that is waiting for the pressure loop interactions to happen before starting Torque calculations. How can I have both loops run and be able to display both graphs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,193 Views)

Hi Spartan,

you probably con combine those two DAQ assistents into one that will output values for both channels. (Didn't bother to open those ExpressVIs because I don't have any hardware available...)

When you're at it:

- you could use the clean up tool...

- you could greatly reduce those math calculations: simply combine all those constant operations into just one operation (no need to multiply with constant1, followed by multiplication with constant2, followed by constant3 and so on.)

- after combining those two DAQ assistents you can also combine the content of those two loops into one, reducing the need for local variables...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,187 Views)