From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use more than 17 inputs using MS Office Report express vi?

Awesome. Easy fix. Only problem would be when you have to insert few book marks, and since the VI arranges them by name, you will have to manually tweak it all. Thanks for the post

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,621 Views)

Like many others, I too need more than the 17 inputs the Ms report express VI provides.

I used your example and found it very helpful. But there's a problem that i can't seem to over come.

Instead of MS Word I,m using MS Excel, I have 21 inputs all are set to automatic except for the first one which is set to graph.

All inputs are being handled and placed on to my template properly except for the first input which is set to graph.

Although that input is set to graph, the graph is being ignored and instead it prints a table to my tempate.

Any help or sugggestions would be greatly appreiciated.

Note, if I use the MS exoress VI as is with the limited 17 inputs, the graph will display properly

Please see Excel attachment

Russellg Rglewis@Smith.com

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,459 Views)

This attachment shows the Data being displayed as a table.

Altough the input is set to graph

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,454 Views)

Hello guys,

I know this post is extremely old, maybe some of you are still available,

I am having a similar problem were my inputs are more than 17, and  I am actually using the recommendation of Darren of Append Text. The problem now is that I have more than 366 bookmarks can I consider making individual Append Text Vi for each bookmark in these case too extensive, Is there a more efficient way to reduce the programming load?

Thank you all, and hopefully some of you are still around this old post 🙂

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,229 Views)

Hello guys,

I know this post is extremely old, maybe some of you are still available,

I am having a similar problem were my inputs are more than 17, and  I am actually using the recommendation of Darren of Append Text. The problem now is that I have more than 366 bookmarks can I consider making individual Append Text Vi for each bookmark in these case too extensive, Is there a more efficient way to reduce the programming load?

Thank you all, and hopefully some of you are still around this old post 🙂

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,229 Views)

If you have that many bookmarks, I think it makes the most sense to keep the bookmark names in a text file (or XML, or whatever), and use Append Report Text.vi in a loop to apply certain values (I really hope those 366 values you have are in an array!) to certain bookmarks.  Here's a mockup of how that might look:

bookmarks.png

Message 16 of 20
(1,216 Views)

Hi, I am quite new to Labview (just been using a couple days) and I was hoping to do something along the lines of what you have posted here.

But I can't figure out how you create that bundle with the singular Word Bookmark object type outside of the MS Office Parameters class. Can you clear up a little how to create that bundle (or any other for that matter)?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,202 Views)

thank you for the support Darren,

Best regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,199 Views)

Actually, I figured it out (just connected the class definition to the structure and connected the one string in the bookmark space). It doesn't look as nice as yours though, I'm interested in how you got that collapsed form.

Thanks for the tip, it works great!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,195 Views)

@aMarch wrote:
It doesn't look as nice as yours though, I'm interested in how you got that collapsed form.

In LabVIEW 2010 and later, you can right-click a cluster constant on the diagram and choose "View Cluster As Icon".  Another way to collapse it is to double-click the cluster border.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,186 Views)