From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I take a picture of a camera output on the Front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been fighting this one for a while, But I have a DataRay WinCamD CCD image in my front panel, I need a way of saving that image to a file. I've been crawling through NI Vision and IMAQ VIs and I can seem to piece the process together. This is a sample of my VI with the CCD image code. Can someone help me figure this out?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Why don't you stick with your original thread?

When you want to hide labels of frontpanel objects you can do this by right-clicking the object and navigating to "visible objects"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,555 Views)

I suppose Im confused by your reply, why would I want to hide the label?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,539 Views)

Because when I opened your VI the labels were either hidden behind other objects or they were moved to the far right…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,532 Views)

Its a simple version of what I use and its an integration code I borrowed from DataRay. The entire CCD image and buttons need to be included in a picture that I can save to my computer. I reuploaded the VI with the blocks labeled but thats all I have. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Manderson13

Hi Manderson13,

You could try to take a screenshot of a portion of your front panel, while the image is on your screen. Another forum post went over how to do this

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,453 Views)