LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set an event structure up so that it only recognizes a boolean value change from false to true?

I am attempting to design a program with multiple buttons that displays the time elapsed since the program began that the button was pressed. I need the buttons to be set so that they switch until released however I only want it to register the initial button press (from false to true), not when it returns back to false. I have attached a sample of what I am working with thus far.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,611 Views)

Boolean Crossing Pt by Pt

But since you are using an event structure, pick a mechanical action that works with it.  Try Latch When Released instead of Switch Until Released.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,608 Views)

If you have to have the Switch Until Released action, put a case structure in the Value Change event, wire it up to the New Value node and do nothing in the False case. 

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,590 Views)

@lrazz wrote:

I am attempting to design a program with multiple buttons that displays the time elapsed since the program began that the button was pressed. I need the buttons to be set so that they switch until released however I only want it to register the initial button press (from false to true), not when it returns back to false. I have attached a sample of what I am working with thus far.

Try to Explore More about Implies function and use the Event structre values of New and Old values and decide the Transition as True to false or False to true as you wish.and decide the case inside the event

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,556 Views)