From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

class conflict for out of com process automation objects

hello all

I would like to ask you for help again  about the handling of class commands through VIs

I work with an OLE object (activex like) embedded in an exe. (out-of-com process) for this, I'm using the refnum automation that is working fine.

The first step is to register this object in regserver32, then select a path by right click in my refnum, where the .exe is stored

Problem:

depending of the bench, this object is not at the same path. everytime I deploy my program I have to change the path pointed by the refnum, else it doesn't work

To solve this I tryed to facilitate the changing of path, by creating 2 refnums (refnum A and refnum B), pointing at the same OCX but with different incorporated paths, and put them in higher levels of calling VI that implies to pass the refnum as a command

Involved problem n°1:

class conflict. the refnum automation command that I pass doesn't support the refnum A and B the same time wherehas the only thing that is changing is the path inside.

to solve this again, I changed my refnum commands into standard automation object

Involved problem n°2:

anything is working, the refnum is not called

can you help me to solve this? you will find below a picture of my calling VI hierarchy + a zip file containing the .VI (labview 2015)

Sans titre.png

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,501 Views)

Bonjour Pierre,

I am not sure that I understood well the issue, but is it possible to use 2 commands for each refnum instead of one?

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,378 Views)