LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I plot multiple plots on multiple y-axis

Hi,

Iam facing problem on ploting multiple plots on graph.
With same x-axis & multiple y-axis how to plot multiple plots.
For example for signal 1:plot on Y1-axis & signal 2:plot on Y2-axis.
Right now both plots shows as merged plots.I want to displays as stack plots like in chart.

Thanks & Regards
Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(15,571 Views)
Hi,

Iam facing problem on ploting multiple plots on graph.
With same x-axis & multiple y-axis how to plot multiple plots.
For example for signal 1 plot on Y1-axis & signal 2 plot on Y2-axis.
Right now both plots shows as merged plots.I want to displays as stack plots like in chart.

Thanks & Regards

Anitha
Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(15,570 Views)

Hi Anitha,

As far as i know you have to create first the number of y-axis you need. Then you can assign each plot to an y-axis. See the attached example. If you change the second y-axis to a max value of 3 you see that there are two plots.

Hope it helps

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(15,565 Views)

Hi Mike,

I checked the example,but its showing plots are merged.And also i want plot more than 3 plots.At that time unable to check the plot values.

Thanks

Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(15,559 Views)
Hi Anita,

According to this KB you can only produce stacked CHARTS and not graphs.
Here's is a silly work around, a stacked graph is basically multiple stacks stacked together.
To make it neat, you can create a cluster that has multiple graphs in it.

Just make sure they are aligned x axis wise and make the x axis scale invisible except for the bottom one

Hopefully it's an acceptable work around
Van L
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(15,523 Views)

This is a very terrible plotting approach in LabVIEW especially in real time.  Suppose I have input signal and output signal from a process and amplitude of the output signal is way larger than an input signal. Say, there is no way to scale down the output signal just like we can convert Pascal to kilo Pascal. Now, I want to see how the output changes if I change the input. This can well be done when you plot two signals together. I do not want to normalize any signal and want to see both in Engineering Units. Right now, you will not see both input and output in a same LabVIEW waveform chart at the same time because of a vast difference in their ranges. 

Then, the question is how do we do that? Then the answer may be use stack plots. This may be a workaround but I am not sure if this is a good idea either. Definitely, output from any process always has some fluctuations and you want to see the running average of that output in the same plot. Using stack plots, each variable gets plotted into separate plots. I could not find anyway to merge two plots (output and its running average) into a single stack just like we can do in a MATLAB subplot.

Another solution may be use multiple charts in a cluster as suggested. If there 20 variables then do we need to create 10 different Charts - this makes no sense at all. 

I have suggested one of your application engineer about the workaround. Hopefully, NI comes up with some idea for a fix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(11,972 Views)