From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I invert the output to the data of a serial port after or while writing string data port? (e.g. ITA2 inverted TTY data)

I've converted ITA5 code to ITA2 and send it out the serial port (PC COM1) to a teletype (TTY). My next step is to provide the TTY with "inverted data". Not sure if I should convert the string data to binary and then invert, or is there a way I can invert the bits (levels) at the COM port? The latter is preferred.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,372 Views)
Hi

unfortunately I don't have the preferred solution; but a working example for inverted byte. It does not invert the startbit & stopbit !!

regards
wha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,371 Views)

Hi, i came over this topic when I did a search for TTY. I have an application that I am trying to automate the mas a manual step using MTTY to communicate over a serial port. Does anyone know if this can be replaced by all LabVIEW code or a call to other software? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Terrill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,235 Views)