LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I detect the LPT1 address using LabView

I want to use the Parrallel Printer Port to to control some TTL logic.
I can make this run fine on any one machine but I am worried about a machine that uses an address other than 378 for the LPT1 port.
Does any body know how to detect the Printer port address programaticly from LabView, using Win 2000
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,005 Views)
If you have VISA installed, LPT1 will show up in MAX as long as it's installed & working properly. LV will use the MAX config to address the port by name/alias. Base Memory shouldn't have any affect.

Programmatically, you can use Function->Instrument I/O->VISA->VISA Find Resource.

LPT1 is assigned as ASRL10::INSTR

See attached.

Alternatively, you can force the machine to use the desired memory address of 378. Many times these ports can be configured in the BIOS, forcing windows to comply.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,005 Views)
Jonnie 5;
Thanks for your assist!
However I cannot view the sample file you sent me as I am still stuck on LV 6.02.
Could you perhaps resave the file as a 6.02 VI and resend it.

Thanks
Keith
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,005 Views)

I also am using the LPT1 port to drive a TTL circuit. I am having a problem detecting LPT1 port on machines that have "after market" PCI card LPT1 port. I found a DLL (hwinterface32B01.dll) and wrote a LV program that detects LPT1 port and serial ports. It works great on my PC, however it still does not detect the PCI card LPT1 Port on the PC I need to deploy to.

Does anyone know a solution to get the MEM address on a after market" PCI card LPT1 port?

If you try the attached... I have the DLL at C:\Program Files\E8350 working\Support\hwinterface32B01.dll. Either put it there or reconfigure the Call library function node.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,619 Views)