From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete pages of a 3D array, based on conditions in two of the columns

Solved!
Go to solution

Given the attached 3D array I would like to delete any page that has BOTH the string 3A900002 in the second column AND the string "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" in the 5th column. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,703 Views)

duplicate post AND marked as solved.

please keep things in your original thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,700 Views)
This is a little different. Before I was looking for help on deleting a record, and now I'm trying to figure out how to delete an entire page based on column values.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,684 Views)
I would bet that whatever you did in that instance, it is going to be pretty much the same principles in this case.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,681 Views)
I'll try that again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,677 Views)

I've attached my attempt to delete a page, but for some reason it's not working. The array I'm using to delete pages is correct, but pages are not deleted. Does anyone know why?

Thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,663 Views)

I came up with a solution that works. I used the index function rather than the delete function. Im curious why the delete function didn't work though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,653 Views)
You were deleting from the array in your final For Loop, but the problem is that the only iteration that mattered was the last one.  All previous iterations were discarded since all you were doing was sending the results to indicators that were located inside the loop.
Message 8 of 15
(2,651 Views)
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,645 Views)

In the attached VI I get a values for the array: "Pages not deleted" if the last value in the original data is "T", and I get values for the array: "Pages deleted" if the last value in the original data is "F".  I dont understand why this happens, what I would like to get are the values in both arrays.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,637 Views)