LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize Waveform Chart?

I want a routine to display selected waveforms on a chart. The input is a waveform array.  The chart should have the following:
1. Y axis labels using the waveform names
2. Legend plot labels using the waveform names
3. X axis in seconds from the start of the waveform
4. digital values displayed next to the appropriate graph(s) - note that the number of plots can be changed depending how many items are selectd for plotting - it would be nice to have waveform names label each digital value
5. Programmatic control of overlay/stack
The attached vi does some of this -- with a very ugly wiring diagram.  Can PropertyNodes be handled in subvis? (it would clear up the wiring a lot!)

Is ther an easier way?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,398 Views)
I'm not quite sure what's going on, but sure, you can handle property nodes in subVIs - just pass a reference to the control.

Right-click a property node and select Disconnect from Control. Then right-click the control it originally referenced and select Create -> Reference. Wiring this reference to the disconnected property node will duplicate the functionality of the original property node. You can then put the node in a subVI and wire different references to it as necessary. Is that what you had in mind?
Message 2 of 2
(2,392 Views)