From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a ramp function, that continuously increases the voltage over time?

I do not have the option of upgrading to a full version or version 7, so I do not have the ramp vi. How can I increase the voltage over time, because I don't think that ramp vi even has a time element.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,657 Views)
can you use a while loop with a shift register and increment your value at pre-determined intervals ??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,657 Views)
The ramp.vi can easily be duplicated with a few wire strokes, see e.g. attached diagram image.

(Of course, in your case you don't even need the ramp output, just update the voltage in a timed fashion as shown. Just add your own trimmings).
Message 3 of 6
(3,657 Views)
Thanks a lot, the vi worked exactly how I wanted. I used AO Update Channel vi, instead of Update Voltage vi. It works the same way right?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,657 Views)
Will this example "hang up" the code, or can the program be doing something else while the "for loop" is running?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,118 Views)

That would depend on the "time step" value. Even a 1 - 2 milliseconds is probably enough to prevent most machines from hanging.  Try experimenting with different values while watching the Windows Task Manager CPU usage.

Message Edited by vt92 on 03-02-2009 04:29 PM
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,109 Views)