LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build this cluster? I don't like the one I have created (too big)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody, I'm working with a Vision VI and the trouble is that I need to create a cluster to connect it to a terminal called Settings of the Vision VI (IMAQ Count objects). These settings includes booleans, long and unsigned word type values. I've seen this one in a pdf document:

I like how it looks because it's in a reduced space.

17387iA270CC71E471D4CD

This is the one I've created:

17393i306A25B76B724AA2

(Please ignore the red numbers 1 and 2)

And the block diagram looks like this:

17397i70137FFB122694F1

If someone knows how make a VI as the first image, please post it.

Thank you so much for your answers and comments.

P.S. I use LabView 2009, maybe some features are not availables in newers versions.

Impossible is nothing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bebin

Right-Click the terminal want the control for and select Create Control.  That feature isn't going away in any version of LV.

Message 2 of 5
(2,303 Views)

As Darin is saying, if you place your wiring tool on the control of the sub-vi that you want to connect to, and then right click, it will give you the opportunity to make a control that matches the sub-vi's input. If you want to make a cluster front panel control that more closely resembles that in your picture (it may be created by the above action so try that first) drop an empty cluster control on the front panel. Then look under the "classic" controls pallette for ones that look more like those in the picture. Yours are from the "modern" pallette.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 3 of 5
(2,292 Views)

Look under system controls for the system checkbox or the system radio button and replace your existing boolean buttons with that type of control.

Message 4 of 5
(2,284 Views)

You did not create a cluster, just some individual controls that you are bundling in the code. that's not the same!

I would recommend a combination approach from what we heard so far.

1. First, create a control on the subVI input. Now we know it has the correct type.
  2. Right-click each control you don't like and replace it with one from a different palette (modern, classic, system), making sure you keep the same datatype. Keep the wire connected to the subVI. If the wire breaks, you picked a wrong datatype. simply undo and try again. (This way, the cluster order should not change).
  3. Now rearrange the controls the way you want.
Here's are two quick examples I just made from scratch.

Message 5 of 5
(2,275 Views)