From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Increase the Input of an AC Power Supply every second

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi There, I'm currently working developing a bench test, in one phase of the test I need to increase the value of the Voltage till the value of Current is equal to 6A, any idea how I can do it, at the moment I'm using a shift register to increase the value of input but not working. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,684 Views)

@jamiexx wrote:

at the moment I'm using a shift register to increase the value of input but not working. 

Show us the code.  You also need to be adding to the voltage until you reach your desired current.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,671 Views)

I was thinking to upload the code but I think is useless because the drivers of the AC supplier and the Wattmeter, the first part is the initialization of the AC supply the second part is where I'm trying to increase the Voltage per 1v each second without success, the output is measured with a Wattmeter that I already can control

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,660 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamiexx

Why aren't you setting the voltage inside of your loop?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(2,649 Views)

Thanks haven't tried that, I will try and will go back, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,609 Views)

UPDATE 1.0

thanks for the idea, now the voltage is increasing but when I check the output nothing goes out, may I ask, the ''output driver'' should be out of the loop or inside?, 

Pictures:

Update 1: Voltage inside loop

Update2: Now the Value is updated every second but thee output is not working

btw: I check everything and there's no problem with AC supply, the code is not working atm

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,603 Views)

Update2.0

Thanks for the tip, now I can control everything, I found the solution for the output of the Voltage, again thanks you so much

Warm Regards

Message 7 of 7
(2,599 Views)